Friday, February 17, 2006

A CHANGE IN LOD

There has definitely been a drastic change. Maybe not everyone feels it, but I sure do. I feel the warmth, the excitement, the desire to be who we've been fighting to be. It feels more acceptable to just finally do. Be who we should be, according to our own standards, having arrived at this conclusion on our own.
Each girl has taken great strides in her awareness and personal growth.
There's one scene that happens very rarely that at that exact moment I know that everything it took to get to this stage in my life was worthwhile. And that is...

It's Friday night. The meal has long since concluded. The Rabbi and his wife have farbrengened with us far into the night on various topics of our interest. And then as the last girls begin to clear out, a few of us collect at the back of the room.
Something addressed during the farbrengen isn't sitting right with one of us. Often, myself.
What's beautiful about all of this is that for the following couple of hours, we will sit there and just encourage one another, allay eachother's fears and offer insite.

We learn from one another.
That is what seminary comes down to.
And that is what I love.

1 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

I am a former student of lod seminary... I'm happy to hear that its just as aweomse now as it was when I was there!! Enjoy every moment of it... its gonna be the best year ofyour life ;)

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>