Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Rug jerked out from beneath us...

I’m laying her trying to imagine what that phone call must have sounded like… and felt like, both on his end and on the recipient’s.
“My father. My sister... We got into an accident. My mother needs help immediately… My father… My sister… There’s nothing I can do…”

I can’t really imagine it at all, though I try, because my brain instinctively shuts it out. When I see him (please, G-d, he should have a complete and speedy recovery) my heart will feel so heavy, I’ll automatically cast my eyes to my feet, the floor between us, his shoes. Then slowly bring my eyes up to meet his, my eyes brimmed with tears. A kid needs his father. And his only sibling…
I only hope that he will find the strength to continue living his life, that he will experience joys that will lift his spirits and his heart. I hope he will bear many beautiful children for his mother. Only then, might they feel a sense of solace and comfort.

Hashem, You test us time and again. You place such a tremendous amount of responsibility on the shoulders of Your Nation – by having the heaps of trust in us that You do. Each time You expect us to be strong, to rise above the incidents that through “ Providence” have shattered our lives. You trust that when You pull the rug out from under us, we will remain upright, with a jump in place our only change in stature. You trust that we will not permit ourselves be swept off the board, whisked away with that rug You so daringly tugged from beneath us…

Well, we will not lose our balance. We will exceed Your greatest expectations and will thrive with an appreciation for life like never before. G-d, may You only see this and be satisfied with it, affecting You in ways only You can see… And grant us the final, and long overdue Redemption.

Our place is no longer in this mad world, where black and white are laced in grey and no one can see the straight path ahead.

Take us to a place where we will be able to see the beauty in Your Will. Where appreciation will be our everlasting emotion, holiness and purity our reality in our thoughts and actions, and “Baruch Dayan HaEmet” our only words.

Take us there, Hashem. Now.

www.chabadtexas.org/donate

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

please call me if you need anything. We have all been saying tehillim- and i wish there was more we could do. please, call me darling.
take care of yourself.
love you
chana

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey yo!
I'n in the holy land! In lod!!! oh boy... its quite an intresting place... anyway cool post...

8:20 PM  
Blogger Pimplesoflife said...

omg sorry to hear sorry i didnt read it before i was just writing to say hi... and see how things are doing... and now i finaly had a chance to read wat you wrote... i will say tehilim....
hope they have a speedy recovery

4:40 PM  
Blogger yoniQua said...

amen - plz spread masha bat sonia so ppl will be saying tehillim for her and learn in her name plz!
she just had third surgery i think it was and her recovery will not be easy or short... so the more tehillim we say, the more we do in her name, the faster she gets healthier. and all of klal yisrael should be healthy...
gluck in lod - i know its tough. just try to get out as often as you can.. lods not THAT bad. send my love to rabbi deren and mrs jko and moti and everyone!!

man i gotta go back. i wish i had the israel bug.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>