Thursday, August 24, 2006

My Mission

With a set goal, I will not fail.
Not only that, but I do hope to be successful.
I am going on a mission. I will be living in a really great city and running programs for the kids on campus there. I'm really excited!
Why have I chosen this type of community to reside in for the year?
Well, first of all... After being a head counselor for 8 weeks straight, I needed a serious break. Had a great time, gained a lot of experience in many areas (for another time)... but I realized that I would be able to reach people, perhaps even more so, who are about my age.
It will not be easy, I'm sure, to be on campus all the time. I am aware of the challenges and the tests. Or at least I anticipate them and have braced myself.

I need to keep the following in mind:
I am here to affect, not become affected in negative ways.
I am here to grow, and inspire others to grow.
I am here as a role model, a proper example to others, not to blend in.
I am here as a representative of the Rebbe, and I'd better live up to that.

As little as I know - I can still teach Alef, still impart what little knowledge I have of the vast Jewish Thought to kids whose souls are searching. They may not even know it. Those are the kids I am most excited to meet. Those who will become attached to Judaism without having planned to do so.
Hopefully, with my background, I will be able to connect to them in the best possible ways. Hashem, give me strength!

I wish to share my goals with as many as I can - so that their lives can be as meaningful as mine.
Im yirtzeh Hashem - G-d willing!


Wish me luck... :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen. Thank you!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Nemo said...

Gluck

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

y- uni shlichus is the most difficult; yet-by far- the most fulfilling. hatzlacha rabba u'mulaga in your work!!! you're working with kids in the most impressionable age of their life.
Duby

9:27 AM  
Blogger Ahuva said...

Good luck.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>