Monday, April 24, 2006

KEEP MOM!

Had that important convo w mom today. Took her out to Starbuck's, sat outside in the calm summer breaze, and maturely brought her up to date. I began by stalling with the topic of college and this summer...shidduchim...ya know... But then I had to get down to business. Mom deserves to know. She deserves to know her own daughter, her own flesh and blood.

So I told her. And now my only regret is...I should have told her sooner. What kept me from confiding in my mother all of these years? Well, I do know. I had to get over certain things in my life before I presented it to mom. That's the only thing I disagree with Manis on - that a mom cannot be your friend, you are to honor and fear her and to take her word as command. No. A mom is best as an aly.

Keep mom - You'll need her. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello you are crazy when i did that with my mom she went through the roof ur so brave so tough

by the way i agree with manis to some point because i think of all those kids who talk back to their parents and act all chum-chum with them and its not right

and if id have to pick a lawyer some day id pick you :)

9:57 AM  
Blogger yoniQua said...

tootbanana? can u get more original... ok, so ill sign as bira sh'chora - that cool? oysh...

i know what u mean about kids needing to not be all chummy w their folks, but let me tell you, fearing them doesnt get u anywhere... believe me...and i had to get used to the idea of my mom being my freinds..bc i thought that she should be some out-of-the-picture figure once i was out of the house.
im so happy shes my friend now.
love the mom!

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops - here... bira sh'chora. for you.... nerd.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>